Monday, July 21, 2008

Hello Everyone Wondering How We Are Doing!!!

I (B-Rad), was installing my fenders today outside Macy's when Marcus and I began talking about doing a band/bicycle tour of LA with our tricycle. I then went into a giant monologue in which I was enacting what I would tell people in the future. It went like this: "We rode all day long from Echo Park to get here in Santa Monica to ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF!!!" and so on and so forth until I came to this line: "Feed us we're hungry!" At that point an employee of Macy's that was sent out to saw some weeds on the side of the building down piped in and said, "I'm going to throw out some potatoes if you all want them." In fact he said it so lightning fast that neither Marcus nor I had time to really respond with our usual , "YES!". We really like free stuff.

Last Friday we spent the day at Slide Rock State Park (check out some of these pictures!!!) We cooked this amazing meal of beans and awesome and the park rangers began to get antsy toward seven o'clock. They told us twice that is was near closing time. The last ranger to tell us they were closing up was this young skinny tall guy with tattoos. I had two healthy onions we got from the info shop in Prescott strapped to my Bob trailer. He asked where we got the onions and I politely told him. As we were pulling out he came out of the Forest Service shed with a bag full of plums and asked if we wanted them. His friend had grown them outside Clarksdale. Hey! Thanks for the plums! I really can't say when I've had better plums!!!!

So tonight we have a toss up. We spent too much time becoming more technically savvy and not enough time riding out of Flagstaff. If this was a choose your own adventure book we would have come to one of those pages that say, "If you want to ride all night through the dark and see the sunrise at the Grand Canyon turn to page TIRED. If you want to try and explore more of the mis-adventures of the Flagstaff radicals turn to page DRUNK. If you want to spend the night reading about your new 4-track toy that we are going to make albums on the fly across the country with turn to page AWESOME."

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

P.S.--> We are better than ever. And that is the truth.